Taking drums into schools is a real joy for us as we have the opportunity to add something different to the school day and help young people step into the world of rhythm and percussion. We can provide a variety of packages for schools from 1hr long sessions to full day or week drumming experiences;
* Drum Doctor sessions involve experiments with sound, junk drumming and simple drum design and construction.
* Drum and fun sessions are all about engaging young people in drumming with a variety of games and rhythms to help everyone get on board.
* Drum Tribe is all about team building and helping young people communicate with the drum, listen to others and gain appreciation for other peoples contribution.
* National curriculum linked sessions can be crafted to meet specific elements of the curriculum and help your class/group develop.
* Bespoke sessions can be provided to link with a current theme, to target specific issues, or provide for something more contemplative.
WHAT WE OFFER
WHAT WILL THEY GET OUT OF IT?
Ability to work together as a team
WHAT WILL THEY BE DOING?
An explanation of the basics
Learning patterns for each instrument
Playing both in sections and together as a whole group
Learning visual and whistle cues for starting and stopping
Learning 'breaks' - the introduction of a different pattern, or a section playing on its own
Our school sessions start at £60 per hour depending on distance from our homebase, numbers and any other requirements/equipment needed for the session.